January 8. 2010

1. What is one piece of important learning in reading or writing you have gained this week?

This week in writing, I learned about nouns common nouns and proper nouns, common nouns are like, a person, place, or thing, but it doesn't point out the exact, so if you write a sentence it will be like, a girl came to the library, girl doesn't say who, so it is a common noun, a proper noun is a noun that points out what it is, if you write a sentence it will be like this, Sally came to the library.

2. Explain how this has helped you in your reading or writing.

This helped a lot because now, when I write a story, I will first think, do I want it to be a common noun or proper noun? It helped in reading too, now I pay lots more attention to common nouns and proper nouns, that way I can see when the author uses common or proper noun, and I can do that in my own writing.

3. Explain what the difference is between a common noun and a proper noun.

Common noun doesn't point out the person, place, or thing, but a proper noun points it out. For example, my friend wears glasses, that has a common noun in it, Michelle wears glasses, now this sentence has a proper noun in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment