Story of Learning

I think I have improved a lot on my reading and math goals, because now I start reading different genre books, and I write important parts on post it notes, so I can remember what to write in my reading responses, and I can measure angles better, but I think I only improved a little bit on writing, because my goal was to jot down topics to write about on a little note book, but I only did it for a little while, and then I gave up, I think the main reason for why I gave up is, that I don't have time to think and bring a note book. For writing my new goals will be, good choice of topics, good choice of words. For reading, my new goals are, I will read slower, so I can understand more what the author is trying to say, and I can try to predict what is going to happen. For Math, my new goals will be to do more of what I'm not very good at, for example, simplifying fractions, adding and subtracting negative and positive numbers. My goal to help me transition to 6 grade is, to ask questions when I don't understand something.

I think for writing, my most successes is that I can now think of a topic quickly, I don't have to waste my time on thinking for a good topics, and I can come up with some pretty good words to use. For math, I had a very big challenge, which is adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers, but I overcome my challenge by working hard on how to do it, and practicing those kind of questions. For reading, my biggest improvement was that I can do infrencing while reading. My multiplication and division have improved a lot, because I am always practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment